• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Darren Pearce's 2010 Avon Year List (1 Viewer)

Things have picked up of late, as you would expect with it being Autumn. I have seen some good Avon birds but as always I've missed a couple of goodies

A week or so back at long last I saw a Kingfisher. My first this year anywhere in the country let alone Avon. I have been close before on a couple of occassions when someone has said "did you see that Kingfisher"

146 Kingfisher

A visit to Chew last weekend brought me three year ticks

147 Grey Phalarope
148 Black Tern
149 Black Necked Grebe

And a Sunday visit to Avonmouth brought me the Glossy Ibis. Which when I first encountered it was too close to photograph.

150 Glossy Ibis

And an error of ommission brought me that Avon mega

151 Wren

Avon birds missed or potential claw backs Slavonian Grebe,Waxwing,Woodlark,Bewick's Swan,Firecrest,Goshawk,Green Winged Teal,Lesser Spotted Woodpecker,Spotted Redshank,Merlin,Short Eared Owl,Ring Billed Gull,Water Pipit,Hen Harrier,Common Crane,Black Kite,Great White Egret,Bearded Tit,Osprey,Marsh Harrier,Hoopoe,Wood Warbler,Pied Flycatcher,Tawny Pipit,Arctic Tern, Pomarine Skua,Arctic Skua,Manx Shearwater,Gannet,Sandwich Tern,Little Tern,Tree Pipit,Common Crossbill,Grey Partridge,Kittiwake,Gannet,Snow Bunting,Little Owl,Barn Owl,Tawny Owl,Brent Goose,Red Throated Diver,Ring Necked Parakeet,Nightingale,Ruff,Little Stint,Black Tailed Godwit,Wryneck,Egyptian Goose,Wood Sandpiper,White Stork,Ring Necked Duck)

Attachments

• phal.jpg
    phal.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 85
  • ibis.jpg
    ibis.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 86
Blimey, Where have I been. No updates since September.

152 Ruff
153 Lesser Redpoll
154 Lapland Bunting
155 Water Pipit
156 Ring Necked Duck
157 Bewick's Swan
158 Whooper Swan

Avon birds missed or potential claw backs Slavonian Grebe,Waxwing,Woodlark,Firecrest,Goshawk,Green Winged Teal,Lesser Spotted Woodpecker,Spotted Redshank,Merlin,Short Eared Owl,Ring Billed Gull,Hen Harrier,Common Crane,Black Kite,Great White Egret,Bearded Tit,Osprey,Marsh Harrier,Hoopoe,Wood Warbler,Pied Flycatcher,Tawny Pipit,Arctic Tern, Pomarine Skua,Arctic Skua,Manx Shearwater,Gannet,Sandwich Tern,Little Tern,Tree Pipit,Common Crossbill,Grey Partridge,Kittiwake,Gannet,Snow Bunting,Little Owl,Barn Owl,Tawny Owl,Brent Goose,Red Throated Diver,Ring Necked Parakeet,Nightingale,Little Stint,Black Tailed Godwit,Wryneck,Egyptian Goose,Wood Sandpiper,White Stork,Great Skua,Little Auk,Leches Petrel,Hen Harrier)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back