• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dave's Tablet (1 Viewer)

This really deserves to be seen by others besides the postman! Can't you do another onto board - same style and colours - really lovely. Remeber - Christmas is just around the corner! ;)

Sunbathing Beauty

Just managed to finish this in time to get it framed for me Mum's Christmas present - she's been dropping heavy hints about getting a painting for some time now - and since the original sketch was done from her kitchen window, I think it might go down well.

Attachments

• Greenfinch paint1hps.jpg
    Greenfinch paint1hps.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 133
It's a real beauty Dave!
It's always fascinating, how a sketch is being transformed in to a piece of art!
I'm sure Mum will treasure it for ever!

Paschalis

quite simply what a character, superb piece, sums up a greenfinch to a t, your mum will love it for sure!

Thanks to one and all!

As a bit of light relief from the Greenfinch, here's a quick impression of a Goldcrest seen this afternoon.

Attachments

• Goldcrest sketch.jpg
    Goldcrest sketch.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 109
Goldcrest - Spot-on!
Also, I forgot to mention earlier that your avatar scares the shut out of my youngest - ha ha. I now 'threaten' he with 'that face' if she's ever naughty!!!!
Oooo-er - it's not a self portrait - is it?????

The greenfinch painting is a smasher! I bet your mum will be as pleased as the greenfinch looks! I'm now totally jealous of your handling of greens, I always find them so much trouble.

Goldcrest is just charming too.

Woody

Goldcrest - Spot-on!
Also, I forgot to mention earlier that your avatar scares the shut out of my youngest - ha ha. I now 'threaten' he with 'that face' if she's ever naughty!!!!
Oooo-er - it's not a self portrait - is it?????

Ha ha - it's odd what different folks fiind scary huh? An explanatory word - I came across this fella mounted on a tree in a wood in Michigan on my only trip to the States a couple of years ago. I thought he was tastefully bizarre, and actually, as Ed will testify, does bear a passing resemblance to one of my earlier incarnations!

Ha ha - it's odd what different folks fiind scary huh? An explanatory word - I came across this fella mounted on a tree in a wood in Michigan on my only trip to the States a couple of years ago. I thought he was tastefully bizarre, and actually, as Ed will testify, does bear a passing resemblance to one of my earlier incarnations!

Here y'go. Now THAT'S scary!

Attachments

• IMG_1300a.jpg
    IMG_1300a.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 110
Had to dredge back four pages to unearth this thread!

A couple of recent efforts following Ed's inspiration with .gif files, aiming to show the effects of wear on wader feathers (any guesses as to their owners?).

The next stage of this mad plan is to try to show a whole bird in moult progression!

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• scapular-wear1.gif
    scapular-wear1.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
  • tertial-wear-1.gif
    tertial-wear-1.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back