• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Daylite Diopter Question (2 Viewers)

xtoph

United States
Hi all,
I've inherited my dad's old binoculars, which I think are made by Daylite. In an effort to clean off the decade old grime, i removed the diopter eyepiece by unscrewing it. Now i cannot get it back on.
As you can see in the picture, the diopter fits on top of the male treads. However, the diopter eyepiece does not show any threads. I do have the three set screws to hold the diopter lens in the eyepiec. I don't have any missing parts.
How can I get the diopter eyepiece back in place?
20240109_094135.jpg20240109_094121.jpg20240109_094053.jpg20240109_094042.jpg

Remove the plastic eyecup.. Loosen the three grub screws in the eyepiece. Turn the silver coloured threaded part down about half way.
Place the eyelenses inside the silver part. Replace the knurled eyepiece over the eyelenses and the silver part.
Tighten the three grub screws and replace the eyecup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back