• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Deleting Non Posters (1 Viewer)

SHOULD NON POSTERS BE DELETED

• YES

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • NO

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • DONT CARE

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleting

Thanks to the people who took part in this debate, the DONT deletes have it on the poll. So nothing changes. We will review the situation from time to time, But members who have not logged in for 60 days will be auto deleted is this fair?

steve

Your solution is very fair, Steve, and reflects the thinking of the participating membership. Hope we get the caps and badges for Christmas!

Sounds good to me too.

Must admit, I had a bit of brain failure earlier and confused myself with the difference between non-posters and non-loggers in, but I agree with the concensus.

Colin

Am I too late for a badge and hat? I'd love to advertise your site, I think it's great. I have recommended it to several of my birdie friends, hope they join too. I must admit I was a guest for a while until I plucked up courage to join, so don't get rid of people who don't post, they may be shy.

El Annie said:
Yes please to cap and badge Steve :)

I think I quite like John J's idea - I like the idea that folks get a chance to post followed by a reminder etc etc

BUT I also am of the opinion that not everyone will want to join in and we may be denying some shy folks from sharing this oasis of knowledge and good will. I can't think of any other 'learning' environment (college, uni, school....) where the quiet ones would be asked to leave.........

El Annie:t:

I absolutely couldn't agree more
Gill;)

Hi Steve - I know this is an old thread but I feel lurking should be allowed - free country and all that - I assume they are doing no harm to the performance of the site?

if you have any left - a cap and badge would be worn with pride Thanks Doug

Doug dear boy.......

Wearing a Bird Forum cap with pride is de rigeur. BF monitors are out and about most weekends to make sure members are wearing their hats at all times.

So this is an item of clothing with responsibilities attached. Don't accept one lightly!

Peter

John

I reckon you're right: few people can travel as far or as fast as you in pursuit of birdies. Perhaps you could get a pic taken of you at each location - wearing your BF hat of course - and post it on the site!

When will you be at Slimbridge?

Peter

Peter

<When will you be at Slimbridge?>

I hadn't thought of that. Are we not settling on a specific time. I am a member so can get in before the usual opening times but most other birdforum members won't be. I think we should start to think of the time we are getting together and where as it will be very busy with it being the birdfare.

I have had some thoughts on this. I know it goes against the grain but I am not sure that this meeting is an ideal one seeing how every birder and his dog will be there. There will be a lot going on. Just what is the thinking regarding what we are getting up to at Slimbridge.

I agree John. That's why it would be good to have some sort of plan. With 5,000 plus people, I think the Bird Forum needs its own creche! Colin might be able to advise as to where and when to meet, and then what we do afterwards. I was rather hoping he'd take us on a guided tour.......

Just discovered your site today, and I like what I see! I hope to make a few posts, although I`m not an expert birder, more of a photographer. I suppose I`m too late for the badge and cap?

It's never too late, Jeremy! Are you coming to Slimbridge?

Hi Steve,

Are caps and badges still available (one for Berlin if they are!! ). If not will there be a re-run?

David

PS. Where do you get them made?? I am interested for P****t

This thread is old and now way off topic , it is now closed
feel free to start a new one on the topic you ended up on .

Thanks

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back