• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Denmark. Siberian chiffchaff? (1 Viewer)

testoduro

Hi, last week, this bird (I think the same in the two pictures) has some unusual features for a chiffchaff: quite pale legs, absence of green or yellow, noticeable eye ring.
I wonder if it fits into Siberian.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Hi, as an observer it looks ok, but I will leave it to others with more knowledge than me. Are there any other culprits (lil' brown things that dart off into bushes and leave you annoyed) where you saw them? Warblers all look the same to me.

The pp you refer to in pic1. is quite short testoduro, the problem with Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler is that their respective “dress codes” can be extremely variable and overlap somewhat.
Your bird looks to be a Chiffchaff on pp, had the images been sharper, you might well have been able to count the emarginations- 4 for Chiffchaff and 3 for Willow Warbler.
It’s a pity that the images weren’t clearer, because pale to white legged Chiffs…I’ve certainly never come across and I see quite a few.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back