• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Different prism design spotting scopes. (1 Viewer)

John goshawk

Scotland
Hi,

As Im looking for a new scope Ive started thinking more about their prism layout.
I've noticed a lot of Kowa scopes have the eyepiece offset to one side, while others don't.
I know many scopes use amici style roof prisms, by I thought the porro design was the same for all.
Is the attached image standard for porro prism scopes. Or are offset eyepiece designs different.
Many thanks for your time and help
John

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 10

I've read that. But I don't think it tells me about the layout of Kowa's off angle eyepiece, compared to opticron/celestron etc

For anyone who cares I worked it out myself. In the kowa scopes the porro prisms are on their sides, exactly like one half of porro Binoculars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back