• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Different species / Bangladesh (1 Viewer)

Jose605

Congo-Brazzaville
These were photographed last year, just outside Dhaka.

My guess:

1) Crow-billed Drongo
2) Orange-breasted Green-Pigeon (because of yellow and black markings on the wing, which I think are missing from Yellow-footed Green-Pigeon)
3) Hoping for Blue-eared Kingfisher
4) Smaller ones should be Lesser-Whistling Ducks, but I'm not sure about the bigger one(s).
5) This should be a fairly common one, but I'm not sure right now...

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

Cheers,

Jose

Attachments

• Crow-billed Drongo.jpg
    Crow-billed Drongo.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Orange-breasted Green Pigeon.jpg
    Orange-breasted Green Pigeon.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Kingfisher.jpg
    Kingfisher.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Ducks.jpg
    Ducks.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 37
1. I suspect this is a Black Drongo. Rictal spot just visible, black-and-white pattern on undertail-coverts suggests an immature.
2. Sorry, this is Yellow-footed.
3. Sorry, just Common.
4. I think the larger ducks are Indian Spot-billed - certainly the strong head pattern of the bird on the extreme left suggests it. Yellow tip to the bill just visible on the bird in the centre.
5. Plain Prinia.

Thank you, Andy. Great feedback!

It was the black-and-white pattern on the Drongo that made me think of Crow-billed.

Cheers,

Jose

Jose, in 4 if you meant the large dark duck in the middle then it must be a domestic mallard type.

Looking again, the head pattern on the bird on the left isn't right for Spot-billed - could be a female Mallard. Bil ahape and pattern is wrong on the bird in the middle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back