• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does anybody know what kind of bird this is? It looks like it might be some kind of an albino bird? (1 Viewer)

syd2915

Steph Della
United States
I tried looking it up on the web but it came up with several different kinds

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205_123550_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205_123550_Photos.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Dark eye means it is not albino; the general term for this type of pale plumage is Leucistic. I strongly suspect that it is the same species as the other individual in the photo; where was it taken?

Dark eye means it is not albino; the general term for this type of pale plumage is Leucistic. I strongly suspect that it is the same species as the other individual in the photo; where was it taken?

Qwerty is right, its a brown headed cowbird. Bird on the right appears to be a female brown headed cowbird.

Edit- Also, for the op, albinism and leucism are different, eye colour is a good feature to note when trying to distinguish whether a bird is albino or leucistic. Leucism & albinism

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I did some research on it as well and posted a video if anyone is interested in checking it out. I also have other birds too, so if anyone would like to check them out that would be awesome! Thanks again everybody

Qwerty is right, its a brown headed cowbird. Bird on the right appears to be a female brown headed cowbird.

Edit- Also, for the op, albinism and leucism are different, eye colour is a good feature to note when trying to distinguish whether a bird is albino or leucistic. Leucism & albinism
Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back