• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dungeness Kent (1 Viewer)

Hi staying at Dungeness for a few nights next week. Any tips on where to go to see possible rarities/Owls? Many thanks
RSPB reserve is usually good, think there are Cattle Egrets and Glossy Ibis, which I've seen before along the entrance track. But not sure where they are lately. Bearded Tits are sometimes seen at the Dengemarsh, Hookers Ramp area. The point and the fishing boats can be good for Sea watching though bit dependant on the weather. Black Redstarts are sometimes on the power station fence. Pretty much anywhere can be good.

RSPB reserve is usually good, think there are Cattle Egrets and Glossy Ibis, which I've seen before along the entrance track. But not sure where they are lately. Bearded Tits are sometimes seen at the Dengemarsh, Hookers Ramp area. The point and the fishing boats can be good for Sea watching though bit dependant on the weather. Black Redstarts are sometimes on the power station fence. Pretty much anywhere can be good.
Thank you that’s very helpful. Will defo check out those areas πŸ‘

I'd start with the RSPB reserve, but also take a look at the Observatory's website which gives some locations and ideas. The area of sea they call "the patch" can sometimes have interesting things among the gulls - that's where the warm water from the power station comes out.

I'd start with the RSPB reserve, but also take a look at the Observatory's website which gives some locations and ideas. The area of sea they call "the patch" can sometimes have interesting things among the gulls - that's where the warm water from the power station comes out.

Brilliant thank you πŸ‘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back