• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duovid Optical Construction (4 Viewers)

Whaaaaaaaat!?! Now you’re making me start looking for a Duovid?? LoL

Hold your horses Trinovid, the Duovid is a very good binocular for many reasons but today i was sitting on the waterfront using it watching waterbirds and marine traffic when my friend came along with the UV 8x20 i gave him for his 60th birthday.
We compared the two -sun was shining- and to my big surprise the little 8x20 gave a really outstanding image. The image through the Duovid at 8 was more relaxed and my friend liked it even better (warmer) than his 8x20 but we both agreed that the little Ultravid gave a more realistic view colorwise. Also white was more white in the little UV. I made a picture of the two cousins.

IMG_7405.jpeg

Hold your horses Trinovid, the Duovid is a very good binocular for many reasons but today i was sitting on the waterfront using it watching waterbirds and marine traffic when my friend came along with the UV 8x20 i gave him for his 60th birthday.
We compared the two -sun was shining- and to my big surprise the little 8x20 gave a really outstanding image. The image through the Duovid at 8 was more relaxed and my friend liked it even better (warmer) than his 8x20 but we both agreed that the little Ultravid gave a more realistic view colorwise. Also white was more white in the little UV. I made a picture of the two cousins.

View attachment 1569225
The differents in Image was due the Apochromatic element in the Ultravid eyepiece, some perceive as blue depending on your eyes.

Lovely pictures of 2 Beauty's

Cheers
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back