• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dutch bird ID's (1 Viewer)

Oscar0906

Hello,

Can someone help me with these bird ID's from the Netherlands?

Thanks! Oscar

Attachments

• Kopie 2.JPG
    Kopie 2.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 73
  • SAM_9826 - kopie.JPG
    SAM_9826 - kopie.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 69
  • SAM_9706 - kopie.JPG
    SAM_9706 - kopie.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 84
  • SAM_9764 - kopie.JPG
    SAM_9764 - kopie.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 76
  • SAM_9806 - kopie.JPG
    SAM_9806 - kopie.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 77
Excuse me for answering when I don't really know European birds.

But it's coming to the end of a holiday week (Golden Week) here in Japan. Obviously we couldn't do our usual foreign trip, but in the end we couldn't even do an in-country trip. So, we were only able to walk in a few local parks (fortunately we live five minutes from one of the best city parks in the country / the world). We are only under light-lockdown here in Japan, and so this evening we were able to go for a great meal in a fantastic restaurant we go to sometimes, but we were the only customers today. Even with our ¥23,000 bill they will not have made any money, but they were happy to see loyal customers trying to support them.

So, by offering an answer to your questions, I'm trying to pretend I am making a small trip to the Netherlands. Who knows when we will actually be able to do this again?

Hope you are safe and well, Oscar.

Someone who really knows will be along shortly, I'm sure.

Anyway, I think:

1. Linnet (female) (see upgraded photo in attachment)
2. Peregrine Falcon
3. Don't know
4 (&5?). Whitethroat

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 22
3 is a Common Whitethroat. I would favour that species on 4 as well (rather pale eye and bill and breast seems pinkish), although it's not a great angle.

Thank you all for your input.
I think your list is right, although I thought maybe lesser whitethroat for 4, and probably common chiffchaff for 5, myself.

Oscar

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back