• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dyfi Osprey Project (2 Viewers)

Maybe she's decided to stop off and give Spain a try this year! After last summer's weather, could you blame her?! Joi, are there any records of Ospreys making a really big change in their summer quarters?

Maybe she's decided to stop off and give Spain a try this year! After last summer's weather, could you blame her?! Joi, are there any records of Ospreys making a really big change in their summer quarters?

You mean that she might have stopped off in Andalusia?

I suppose the nearest to that is Green 5S who hatched at Bassenthwaite and ended up in Norway.

The latest news available is that the weather in Spain is only just becoming 'Spring-like' and that could perhaps account in someway for the later than usual 'homecoming' by many of our Ospreys.

The staff at the Dyfi Osprey Project have been in contact with 'the man' Roy Dennis, he advises them that many of his Scottish Ospreys have still not returned and reassured them that there is still time. I can only hope that by this time next week Nora and Monty will be busy spring cleaning their nest :t:

Another Osprey has shown up this afternoon, sadly it was another male that Monty chased off.

Still Ospreys arriving in the UK...so hurry up Nora - we're all getting a bit anxious now |!|

Scraggly seems to have been suggested, no positive ID though, and Dai Dots is a possibility...all conjecture really.

Still seeing the odd osprey crossing the Straits of Gibrltar but we have strong easterlies here and some birds do not like to cross although the osprey is more than a match for a little wind.......Eddy.

There is a FEMALE on the nest at the Dyfi right now, and it is ELIN! This is the female that hung around for a couple of days about 2 weeks ago! The trouble is, Monty is down the estuary fishing! Hurry up Monty!!

Elin is on the webcam now - http://www.dyfiospreyproject.com/stream

Attachments

• elin.jpg
    elin.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed this problem? It's only started since the sound became available. After watching the webcam, I close the tab/window, but I can still hear the sound! This doesn't happen on any other cams that have sound facility. How does the sound still 'get through' if I've closed the site?! It's spooky!

Has anyone else noticed this problem? It's only started since the sound became available. After watching the webcam, I close the tab/window, but I can still hear the sound! This doesn't happen on any other cams that have sound facility. How does the sound still 'get through' if I've closed the site?! It's spooky!

No that does not happen for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back