• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle in Central Asia (1 Viewer)

PhilSteiner

Tajikistan
Yesterday near Tursunzoda, Tajikistan, I stumbled across a landfill that was packed with birds. Ravens were chasing this raptor. Besides this bird, there were Black Kites and a Steppe Eagle along with a lot of Egyptian Vultures and Common Ravens. The bold tail pattern on this raptor only seems to match Pallas's Fish Eagle, but I have no experience with that species so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything (Pallas's Fish Eagle has never been eBirded in Tajikistan). Golden Eagle is common here but that white tail band seems too distinct (and the black edge too narrow) for a juvenile Golden Eagle, and in any case it doesn't have white bases to its flight feathers as a young Golden Eagle should.

Attachments

• DSCN1404.JPG
    DSCN1404.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back