• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED glass in old opticron. (1 Viewer)

John goshawk

Scotland
Hi I acquired this scope second hand.After reading some posts on here was wondering is this the original ES scope with ED glass?
Thanks for your help
John

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Hi John,

afaik the different releases of the ES series were available in SD and ED versions with the ED ones labelled ES XY GA ED and the plain glass ones only ESXY GA.
Will still be nice for magnification up to 30 or 40x... what EP did you get?

Joachim

Thanks Joachim

It came with a 22mm HDF eyepieces, not one that exists anymore.
Here was one of the threads that leads to confusion.

It's my understanding that the original ES80 was ED only. The subsequent versions were available as SD or ED.

I have an original ES80 and the markings are identical to your picture. You could use the Wayback Machine to browse old versions of the Opticron site or you could ask Pete Gamby on here.

My ES80 has given me sterling service for umpteen years.

It's my understanding that the original ES80 was ED only. The subsequent versions were available as SD or ED.

I have an original ES80 and the markings are identical to your picture. You could use the Wayback Machine to browse old versions of the Opticron site or you could ask Pete Gamby on here.

My ES80 has given me sterling service for umpteen years.
Many thanks. Seems very good, can't see any chroma. It's a handsome scope too!
Cheers John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back