• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elmdon Park (1 Viewer)

I visited Elmdon Park yesterday. On the lake were 2 female and one male Goosander, a male Shoveler, a male and female Mute Swan plus some Mallards, Tufted Ducks, Coots, Moorhens and Black headed Gulls.
Other species seen were a single Chiffchaff amongst a mixed flock of Blue Tits, Great Tits, a Coal Tit and Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Linnet, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Wren, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robin, Long-tailed Tit, Wood Pigeon, Stock Dove, Feral Pigeon, Buzzard - mobbed by Jackdaws, Jay, Blackbird, Redwing, Fieldfare, Song Thrush, Carrion Crow, Lesser black backed Gull, Starling and Rose-ringed Parakeet.
Forgot to include a photograph of the Chiffchaff I observed in my last post.
I visited Elmdon Park yesterday. On the lake were 2 female and one male Goosander, a male Shoveler, a male and female Mute Swan plus some Mallards, Tufted Ducks, Coots, Moorhens and Black headed Gulls.
Other species seen were a single Chiffchaff amongst a mixed flock of Blue Tits, Great Tits, a Coal Tit and Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Linnet, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Wren, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robin, Long-tailed Tit, Wood Pigeon, Stock Dove, Feral Pigeon, Buzzard - mobbed by Jackdaws, Jay, Blackbird, Redwing, Fieldfare, Song Thrush, Carrion Crow, Lesser black backed Gull, Starling and Rose-ringed Parakeet.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1674775546967.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674775546967.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2
I saw these species at Elmdon Park on Friday 3 March 2023

Blackbird
Black headed Gull
Blue Tit
Bullfinch
Carrion Crow
Chaffinch
Coal Tit
Common Buzzard
Common Raven
Coot
Dunnock
Feral Pigeon
Goldfinch
Goosander
Great Tit
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Greenfinch
Green Woodpecker
Grey Heron
Herring Gull
House Sparrow
Jackdaw
Jay
Lesser black backed Gull
Long-tailed Tit
Magpie
Mallard
Mistle Thrush
Moorhen
Mute Swan
Nuthatch
Pied Wagtail
Redwing
Robin
Rose-ringed Parakeet
Song Thrush
Starling
Stock Dove
Treecreeper
Wood Pigeon
Wren

Good to see a Raven flying from the top of a tall pine tree near the Elmdon Park Road car park, a Mute Swan pair on the small lake and there were 2 male & 2 female Goosander on the main lake

It was quite quiet for birds at Elmdon Park yesterday (Sunday 22 October 2023). Apart from the regular species I see here there were one male and three red-topped Goosanders on the lake. I chatted to a fellow birder who had been advised by another birder that a small flock of SIskin had not long been observed. (Possibly the small small flock I saw about a mile away in Sheldon Country Park half hour before). abm46.jpgabm49.jpgabm48.jpgabm50.jpg

I saw thirty species of birds at Elmdon Park today. As well as the regular species I see here there was a very active Kingfisher on the main lake and adjoining both ends of Hatchford Brook, a Little Grebe again on the main lake and a group of Siskin.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1700759135147.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759135147.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1700759119781.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759119781.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1700759132415.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759132415.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1
  • FB_IMG_1700759140912.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759140912.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1700759143939.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759143939.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1700759165123.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759165123.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FB_IMG_1700759146482.jpg
    FB_IMG_1700759146482.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3
In Elmdon Park today I saw these species of birds:
Blackbird
Black headed Gull
Blue Tit
Buzzard
Carrion Crow
Chaffinch
Collared Dove
Coot
Domestic Pigeon
Goldfinch
Goosander
Greater Spotted woodpecker
Great Tit
Herring Gull
House sparrow
Jackdaw
Jay
Little Egret
Long-tailed Tit
Magpie
Mallard
Moorhen
Mute Swan
Nuthatch
Pied Wagtail
Robin
Rose-ringed Parakeet
Siskin
Starling
Treecreeper
Wood Pigeon
Wren
abp94.jpgabp98.jpg

On a morning walk around Elmdon Park on Thursday 15.2.2024 I saw these species of birds:
Blackbird
Black headed Gull
Blue Tit
Carrion Crow
Chaffinch
Common Buzzard
Common Kestrel
Coot
Dunnock
Eurasian Jay
Goldcrest
Goldfinch