• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Estonian Great Snipes - Karevere - first week of May? (1 Viewer)

Paul Chapman

Does anyone know if the usual Great Snipe lek at Karevere is still being used and would a trip between say 4th and 8th May be late enough to give a good chance of success?

Many thanks

Paul

Not sure about time of year although looks ok based on eBird. I went in early June a few years ago and that is too late as the grass is too long by then.
When we were in Estonia earlier this month our guide told us that there is only one GS lek with public access in Estonia I.e. “the famous site near Tartu” which should be Karevere. So answer to the first part definitely yes (or at least up to last year!)
James

Worth noting that it's a cold spring this year in the Baltic States - migrants are generally late and still few at present.

I guess probably okay in the first week of May, but you might think to delay a week or so

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back