• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

favorite waterfowl state (1 Viewer)

Roger,
I was hoping to read replies to your post as I am looking around for a place to photograph waterfowl, perhaps this fall or winter. I am especially interested in getting birds in flight with a Canon R6 Mark II and the Canon 100-500mm tele. My ideal place would, a) have at least 5-7 different species of ducks in good numbers, b) have waterfowl that are reasonably confiding and have not been hunted to the point where they dare not come within 500m of shore, c) in the same vein as being confiding, a place where the careful and patient photographer can approach, such that images of the target bird(s) do not require an 80% crop to yield a good photo.
As I am retired, I can go anywhere at any time and for that matter could travel to the UK if there are such locales there.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back