• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Few unknowns from Amazonia Lodge, Manu, Peru (1 Viewer)

Robert D.

Hi, I have no doubt that these ones are readily identifiable, but I am having trouble identifying the two flycatcher/tyrannulet/elaenia types. The thrush I suspect is Black-Billed, but the bill colour isn't helping.

All seen in the garden at Amazonia Lodge, Manu, Peru in late May this year.

thanks

Robert.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 59
  • thrush.jpg
    thrush.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 58
Hi, I have no doubt that these ones are readily identifiable, but I am having trouble identifying the two flycatcher/tyrannulet/elaenia types. The thrush I suspect is Black-Billed, but the bill colour isn't helping.

All seen in the garden at Amazonia Lodge, Manu, Peru in late May this year.

thanks

Robert.

hi Robert,
not sure of any of these but how about

1) gray-capped FC
2) southern scrub-flycatcher? maybe forest elaenia? or mouse-coloured tyrannulet? not at all sure on this, one for the real experts i think
3) creamy-bellied thrush

cheers,
James

I have never been there and do not know which birds are there, but the black/white on the wings in #2 reminds me of some Antbirds/Antvireos.

Niels

James and Niels thanks for looking at them.

Grey-capped flycatcher and Creamy-bellied thrush look like goers...thanks.

With Bird 2, I can't align it with any of the Antbirds/Antvireos particularly so on bill length, though it does look close for some of them. Between southern scrub-flycatcher, forest elaenia or mouse-coloured tyrannulet I had been thinking the latter, but its not on the bird list for the lodge. I appreciate that that's not necessarily conclusive in determining a species presence. I think forest elaenia can be ruled out as it appears in the guide book as having quite strong facial features. It does look like it may also be a fit for southern-scrub-flycatcher, but again its not an exact fit.

As you suggest James, possibly one for the real experts.

regards

Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back