• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Fiction Books on Birds (1 Viewer)

I like reading fiction about burds.

I like Kes.
And Lord of the Rings has flying creatures.
I also found this book on birds.
Politics of Birds – The Parliament of Rooks and Owls
A short story based on a land or birds who have a parliament.

What fictional birds books have you read?
No doubt about the LOR reference and birds, I mean, think of the Battle of five armies and the contribution of the Eagles? Without them, the good guys would have lost!!

Farnboro John

No doubt about the LOR reference and birds, I mean, think of the Battle of five armies and the contribution of the Eagles? Without them, the good guys would have lost!!
Also Gandalf on top of Orthanc and Frodo and Sam on Mt Doom. Hence the eagle in Bored of the Rings being emblazoned with Deus Ex Machina Airlines..... :LOL:

John

kennethwfd

Didn't the battle of the Five Armies take place in the Hobbit? There is also the thrush who advises both Bilbo and Bard regarding the chink in Smaug's armour. There are also crows acting as spies in LOR.

The Birds, a novel by Daphne du Maurier, probably better known as the Hitchcock film, on the subject of spoofs, Mel Brooks produced High Anxiety, where the birds are pigeons, Dr Thorndyke (Mel Brooks) is on the run accused of murder and the birds poop on him

Last edited:

Farnboro John

A spoof of LOR featuring Mr Dildo Bu**er of Bug End and his exploits
Not to mention Legolam the elf and Goodgulf Grayteeth the wizard. It's from the Harvard Lampoon and some of the jokes require American interpretation, but it is quite funny. It's also a lot shorter than LOTR.

John

Arbu

Am I allowed to plug my own book? It's about a hike, and UK government overreach, not about birds, but the protagonist observes quite a few birds during the hike.

Criminal Conduct

Users who are viewing this thread