• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fledglings in the Garden (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Our garden is getting regular visits from, young Blackbirds, a Robin and a Dunnock, as well as Blue Tits and the usual Starlings and Sparrows, reward for leaving our Garden to go wild!! Lots of insects with up to 10 Gatekeeper Butterflies, we also have a Frog in the pond although the multitude of Tadpoles from earlier in the year are still stubbornly refusing to grow legs and I'm pretty sure the Frog has eaten a few as well!!!
more pics and a fuller report on the blog at the link!

559A7670.JPG
559A7733.JPG

I’ve had a lot of young Blue Tits at my feeders.
Yeah ours is a bit weird, we had 3 regular Blue Tits coming in all winter, who were visiting the feeders constantly earlier in the Spring, presumably provisioning a nest, Now we have three at least two of which seem to be youngsters, so not sure where the other adults have gone!!!

I’ve had a lot of young Blue Tits at my feeders.

You are a lucky one. I would love to have a few Blue Tits (Cyanistes Caeruleus) in my garden , everyday. Just to feed them seeds , worms and fruit.
Observe them a little and then they will fly away.

Too bad that they only appear in May in my region and they fly away once you approach.

I saw a juvenile Green Woodpecker this morning. The grey head confused me a bit, and the fact that it was on the ground, seemingly eating insects between the grass.
Wouldn't mind one of them in the Garden, plenty of Ants, but don't think the area of grass is big enough for them to land. Great Spotted woodpecker would be nice as well to be honest, though we had a Greenfinch on the feeder this morning which made a change, first one for ages!!

The Greenfinch and the Fledgling Robin from the Garden this morning and the Sparrowhawk on the same perch as the Robin from yesterday! Garden is getting interesting in the last few days!! All taken through the window from the sofa!!

559A9629.JPG

559A9689.JPG
559A9601.JPG

I saw a juvenile Green Woodpecker this morning. The grey head confused me a bit, and the fact that it was on the ground, seemingly eating insects between the grass.
Well the power of positive thinking at 11.38 AM I wrote the below
Wouldn't mind one of them in the Garden, plenty of Ants, but don't think the area of grass is big enough for them to land. Great Spotted woodpecker would be nice as well to be honest, though we had a Greenfinch on the feeder this morning which made a change, first one for ages!!
At 12.50PM this happened!!!

559A9733.JPG

First one ever noted in the Garden!!!!! Spooky!!

Cheers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back