• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flower for ID, Norfolk Coast (1 Viewer)

Any idea for this one please? Looks like Sand Crocus, but aware this isn't widespread in UK.

Attachments

• IMG_20210423_114023464_MP_copy_864x1152_1.jpg
    IMG_20210423_114023464_MP_copy_864x1152_1.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 18
It was Burnham Overy, the Sea wall. They had 6 petals though? and I'm pretty sure grass like leaves
Ipheion or somewhere close but never seen it with such reflexed tepals, what size across flower? Only one species naturalised in UK - Ipheion [Tristagma] uniflorum

3-4cm diameter. I think you are closest with that. Looking at a quick search on the internet.
Thanks for persevering. it was a bit of a headache for me!

3-4cm diameter. I think you are closest with that. Looking at a quick search on the internet.
Thanks for persevering. it was a bit of a headache for me!
Must be it, I assumed it was smaller than that. Around here it is close to white and very star like. Possibly a garden variety like Wisley Blue?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back