• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flycatcher Vancouver (1 Viewer)

mike123

United Kingdom
These photos were taken in Stanley Park on 24th June. The exact location wad a shrubby marshy area on the west side of the Lost Lagoon. I think it is a flycatcher, but didn't seem to match anything in my field guide. Any help in identifying much appreciated

Attachments

• DSCN0338.JPG
    DSCN0338.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0339.JPG
    DSCN0339.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0344.JPG
    DSCN0344.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0353.JPG
    DSCN0353.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for that. At time I thought it was a willow flycatcher, but began to question that ID when I got home. Willow seems most likely, but difficult to be certain.

Willow for me. of willow/alder, willow is the only one present there. Alder is very rare, so I would feel confident writing it as Willow. But if you must be certain you'll have to hear the bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back