• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Footprints ID help (1 Viewer)

Oops, managed to post without any text and can't seem to edit that. Taken in Suffolk a couple of nights ago. I think maybe stoat, but the only other thing I can think of is rat.

You don't indicate scale, but if you considered rat they are presumably pretty small. The 5 visible toes in some prints plus the heel-like impression behind the rear pad suggests squirrel to me

Thanks both for replying! TBH I made a bit of a hash of the original post, what with failing to provide a scale and uploading from my phone seemed to cause all sorts of fun. Anyway, squirrel entirely probable given there's a couple here, but I think there might be some other visitors too. To ID those, a trail-cam beckons...Thanks again!

Thanks both for replying! TBH I made a bit of a hash of the original post, what with failing to provide a scale and uploading from my phone seemed to cause all sorts of fun. Anyway, squirrel entirely probable given there's a couple here, but I think there might be some other visitors too. To ID those, a trail-cam beckons...Thanks again!
If you do get results with a trailcam, do please share them on here!

Cheers

John

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back