• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

For the blingy birder (1 Viewer)

garymh

Binocular Engineer
Just spotted this for sale at auction.

A Zeiss Dialyt 8x30 B which has been "slightly" blinged up.

"ASPREY, A PAIR OF EMERALD AND DIAMOND BINOCULARS in 18ct white and yellow gold, the functioning binoculars cased in machine engraved white gold, accented by yellow gold, the focus dial set with square step cut emeralds and round brilliant cut diamonds, the body accented with further round brilliant cut diamonds, the diamonds all totalling 6.0 - 6.5 carats, the emeralds totalling 2.0 - 2.5 carats, signed Asprey, full British hallmarks for London 1988, 11.7cm, 751.0g. Accompanied by a fitted Asprey & Co. case."

Starting bid = £30,000
Estimate = £50,000 to £70,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 63
Wouldn't Zeiss Blue sapphires have been more apposite than emeralds? People might think you are sporting a swarovski and those diamonds are mere crystals...

When I Googled it yesterday I saw the figure of £24,000 pop up briefly but I could not get it to repeat.

If it sold at this price it would have been over £30,000 by the time commission was added.

Gary

…. All that bling and still got black rubbery eyecups…. You’d have thought they would have belonged that up with something suitable…. Leather?

Peter

Just perfect for being seen with at Royal Ascot. Actually, I do rather admire the craftsmanship on these, even though I feel it is a little out of place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back