• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fort Dunlop (1 Viewer)

Just checked; YLG isnt a submission species in the West Mids.

Yes, the grassed central reservation on Jennens Way opposite the Millennium Point multi-storey car park.

I'm in the right place then when I head for my bus - I'll keep keeping an eye out. Would be a lifer for myself.

Less pylon action

Recently the Peregrines have been only seen 1 at a time by myself out the M6 side of the FD building. Much more often seen on the car park side (where the nest boxes are). With the Sheffield birds having laid 2 eggs now maybe this quieter period suggests our FD birds might also have a broad starting.

today

Not a lot to report. Sparrowhawk flew by at about 5pm. Not much else to tell. Peregrines seen on the southern side of FD sporadically still.

Hi
I found out from a contact today that there is a guy working for Urban Splash - Nick Batt, who worked with RSPB to get some camera equipment installed on the nest a few years ago. When they didn't breed successfully the project fell through and no screen was connected. Apparently all the equipment is still there to connect a screen to the nest cam though.

I don't know whether it's worth catching up with Nick to find out the latest or any future plans? I also note that your office is moving so don't suppose its worth pursuing now?

my last day at FD

This is my last day at FD and just had my last little lunchtime walkabout. Nothing much to report unfortunately. Hopefully the Pererines will have an eye kept on them still and someone might spot a juvenille if were lucky.

Moving to the centre so hopefully therell be plenty to see still with the bt peregrines and citys kestrels amongst the rest.

Happy birding!

Saw them the first time today. Just missed one feeding the chick. A builder was watching me and giving me looks like I was planning a robbery with my binoculars out.
Going again on Tuesday so will keep "just got to get some bits from the van" and come back on here and let you know.

Thats great news! Glad there's still people able to keep and eye on the Pere's and enjoy them. Hope to see some photos sometime! I might have a pop back to check up on them too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back