• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fraud birdwatching tour (1 Viewer)

jphawk27

Finland
WARNING! Don’t go on a bird watching tour through Thailand Bird Watching and Photography Tours
with the guide called Phattharadech Thananpitchayakon or “Tony” as he calls himself.

I went on the tour with this guide on 16.03.2023 with my parents and the guide didn’t follow the tour program at all, but most importantly started treating us by the end of the “excursion”. We were supposed to visit the Si Phangnga natural park in the morning and then the Ao Phang Nga natural park after lunch. In the Si Phangnga we were supposed to have a 4km trail, but we walked 1km max and saw only 20% of the promised bird list. After that we had a really cheap lunch, which didn’t correspond to the price we paid. Then we went to the second location, Ao Phang Nga, which was closed and the guide “didn’t know” about it. After we started to complaint, he took us to some dirty piece of the forest near the road and started to pretend like he was looking for some birds, but it was clear he wasn’t even trying as the place was unsuitable. When I asked about the situation, he became aggressive and started to insist to pay him the full price immediately, otherwise, he would just leave us there, in the middle of nowhere. Since the situation was dangerous, I had to pay 15000 baht just to get out of there. Please DON’T go anywhere with this guy. I filed a police report and a Complaint to the Tourism authority of Thailand, but I just don’t want anybody to be in our place if nothing will be done in the end. Stay safe!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back