• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Freecom external harddrive not recognized (1 Viewer)

Rob Chace

Hi all,
I have a problem. Around 40G of images i cant get too.
I have looked in device manager & under the usb section, the drive is listed as unknown drive. It also says that no drivers are loaded?
I am running microsoft windows xp.
I have tried using a different cable & usb socket. The drive powers up ok.
Any one got any ideas?
Regards Rob.:C

Have a look in Control Panel > Admistrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

This will show you all the disks that Windows thinks it has. It wil let you mount and unmount removable drives and do a myriad other things.

Worth a try.

Have a look in Control Panel > Admistrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

This will show you all the disks that Windows thinks it has. It wil let you mount and unmount removable drives and do a myriad other things.

Worth a try.

Thanks Mono,
Been in there & had a look around. The external hard drive is not even listed on there.
Regards Rob

Sorted!
Bought a 3.5" caddy from PC world & fitted the hard drive into it. 10 mins & we were up & running. Apparently the electronics that power the drive cook themselves if used all the time, the hard disk itself is usually ok though. I was advised to turn the external drives off when not in use. Now wheres that fan.........!
Regards Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back