• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fungi help again please (1 Viewer)

heakl

I thought this fungi business might be a bit of a challenge, I was right apart from the "bit".

If someone would help (yes please Nick) with these I'd be very greatful. Both found in mixed woodland on the Cotswolds, both gave a white spore print. There were loads of the creamy-brown ones, some of them up to 6" across, perhaps Common Funnel Cap!
Only found this one red specimen and it was roughly 2" across, looks more like a Russula than anything else in Collins but they don't show one with the red stem.

Alan

Attachments

• cream1.jpg
    cream1.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 24
  • cream2.jpg
    cream2.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 25
  • red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 30
  • red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 29
I thought this fungi business might be a bit of a challenge, I was right apart from the "bit".

If someone would help (yes please Nick) with these I'd be very greatful. Both found in mixed woodland on the Cotswolds, both gave a white spore print. There were loads of the creamy-brown ones, some of them up to 6" across, perhaps Common Funnel Cap!
Only found this one red specimen and it was roughly 2" across, looks more like a Russula than anything else in Collins but they don't show one with the red stem.

Alan

Dear Alan

I would suggest the first is a Clitocybe sp - perhaps C. phyllophila?

The second is Russula, almost certainly what is now called R. rosea, but used to be called R. lepida

Best

David

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back