• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Birds (1 Viewer)

Biscuitman

United Kingdom
On a fairly mundane note.....
I've noticed over the last few weeks a severe drop off in the number of birds visiting the feeding options in my garden.
The bird table and seed feeder down the end in the 'wild' part of my garden has been deserted and the other feeders recording only a few visitors per day.
the odd starling, blue tit, house sparrow etc but not the numbers I am used to seeing. Ground feeders are still around - Wood Pigeon, Robin and Dunnock but that's it.
Anybody else noticed a similar dropoff?

I'm lucky enough to have a house sparrow colony nearby (they use my neighbour's bush as a staging point for my feeders) but I've had a steep drop- off in goldfinch and chaffinch over the past year. Greenfinch are a rarity now. H/Sparrow, dunnock, robin, coal tit, blue tit, and great tit all come to the feeders. Ironically, I get bullfinch and LT tit at the back garden that doesn't have feeders.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back