• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden Kites in Wales (2 Viewers)

Excellent Andy. I remember in the 70's driving from Leicester to Tregaron and Devils Bridge in Mid Wales more or less every year to see the few Kites remaining in the UK. (y)

In 2019 when I was over I tried hard to get a photo of one in Leicestershire and Rutland without success. Then stopping at a services on the M40 there were loads in the car park. People thought I was nuts waving a 500mm lens around to photograph them. :ROFLMAO:

Excellent Andy. I remember in the 70's driving from Leicester to Tregaron and Devils Bridge in Mid Wales more or less every year to see the few Kites remaining in the UK. (y)

In 2019 when I was over I tried hard to get a photo of one in Leicestershire and Rutland without success. Then stopping at a services on the M40 there were loads in the car park. People thought I was nuts waving a 500mm lens around to photograph them. :ROFLMAO:
My daughter was at Uni in Bucks and used to have them sitting on her tv aerial!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back