• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gdansk in November (1 Viewer)

pandachris

Another birthday, another trip to Poland. B :)

She's taking me to Gdansk this time. Are there any parks or similar areas accessible by public transport and not hours away where we might see some birds? Not bothered about any particular species but it would be nice to see some.

We're thinking of heading to Sopot one day. Anywhere nearby for sea wacthing? What might be about? Velvet Scoter and LT Duck? Divers? Any decent coastal/marsh birding? I'll admit that I've not exactly done much research.

Swibno - mouth of Vistula; Mechelinki and Rewa to Beka reserve (beware of break-ins into cars in that particular place!), eventually Hel and Jastarnia.

This is one of the best birding areas in Poland with active birder's scene, do some research. E.g. . birdwatching.pl or forum.przyroda.org

RT &BT Divers, LT Ducks, V&C Scoters, RL Buzzards, WT Eagles... many rarities... B :)

Thanks Jurek

We won't have a car this time, so it has to be places reachable by public transport. I'll have a look at the link you've provided.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back