• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

George, South Africa: Birds, Nature, and City (1 Viewer)

We’ve been back for just over two weeks after visiting Cape Town for a few days and then embarking on a road trip along the Garden Route before finishing with a three night stay at Pumba Private Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape.

We passed through George en route to Wilderness (from Oudtshoorn) and it seemed like a nice town, although we didnt stop.

The whole area from Oudtshoorn to Wilderness on the coast and then on to Plettenberg Bay is very picturesque with some lovely little towns and plenty of things to do.

Whilst it wasn’t a birding trip (we were with another non birding couple), I managed a reasonable amount of birding, doing what I could, when I could and finished with a trip list of 127 and with 80 lifers. I only really scratched the surface.

It was probably our best ever holiday and I would definitely love to return to South Africa in the near future. We met some wonderful people and, whilst you have to be careful in certain places and at certain times (like many other places in different countries), we never experienced any problems at all.

Thanks for adding your blog. It was very interesting. We saw Knysna Turaco in Wilderness. A nice and very colourful bird to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back