• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GOA November 22 (2 Viewers)

Steve.Jonesy

Hi all
I’m off to GOA in early November with friends (so a group of 4) for 2 weeks.
We would like to fit in a couple of guided birding trips whilst there.
Can anyone recommend a good local guide?
We are staying in the Varca beach area but happy to travel to see the birds.
Also can anybody advise on places we could visit independently and see interesting birds?
Many thanks
Steve

Morjim beach for waders and gulls,

Bondla is very good and you can stay overnight

There's this from the Fat Birder.

I loved it there and it was only tents on my two visits but they were nice, en-suite tents. Food was goo too and most importantly, the guides were very good.,
The tents have been gone for some time now, replaced by huts. They were all gone when we first went in 2015, although when we were last there on 2016 their archeology remained in places (photo).

We've used Lloyd Fernandes with his 'Birds'n Breakfast' trips for the locations I couldn't reach on foot. Grand bloke. He'll pick you up by his never-full minibus (or maybe car if it's just you) at your hotel before daybreak, say 06.30 and get you to your destination of choice by sunrise at about 07.30. The best of the birding is in the first part of the day. At about 10.00-10.30, while you are scanning the trees, lake or whatever he'll break out his trademark trestle table and once he's set up, you're having an alfresco breakfast amid birdsong, consisting of coffee or tea, the freshest tastiest bananas you'll find anywhere, hard-boiled eggs and his own home-made mango jam on crusty baps. After that it's off to the morning's 2nd destination, before being dropped off back at your hotel early afternoon. Lloyd may be a little dearer than the taxi drivers often mentioned, but you get more bang for your buck and it's still a real bargain. Unfortunately we've not been back since 2018, but when we do go, it'll be Lloyd I'm contacting (his facebook link attached).

Attachments

• 018-Old-Tent-Site,-Backwoods-fbook.jpg
    018-Old-Tent-Site,-Backwoods-fbook.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 041-fbook.jpg
    041-fbook.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back