• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goldfinch Squabble, UK (1 Viewer)

snoopx

United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the correct section to post this. Made a short video of goldfinches in slow motion squabbling around a bird feeder. Interesting to see their flight and squabbling behaviour slowed down 6x.
Also watch out for the goldfinch with outlandishly long, deformed nails which appears @03:12. Looking on Google, it appears to be a case of Avian Keratin Disorder, where the 'production of keratin in the beak and nails is greatly accelerated'. Doesn't seem to have affected it otherwise and it looks quite healthy and able to function normally. I'd never heard of it before. Anyone come across this before?

nice video! I like the soundtrack. Good to see the UK version of goldfinch. I love watching the social interactions and behaviors of birds, more than logging different species. Last summer I actually saw an American robin wrestling with a chipmunk. I guess you could call it that. They seemed to be enjoying themselves and the robin didn't try to fly away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back