• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gray catbird eating flowers (1 Viewer)

More than a couple of times I have seen what I am pretty sure is gray catbirds eating flowers with my binoculars (pusley flowers, known better as Florida snow). I don't think they were eating any insects on them but just the flowers themselves. Do catbirds normally eat flowers? I can't find anywhere that they would be part of their diet.

Birds That Feed At Hummingbird Feeders (comments)

eating flowers with my binoculars
;)

More than a couple of times I have seen what I am pretty sure is gray catbirds eating flowers with my binoculars (pusley flowers, known better as Florida snow). I don't think they were eating any insects on them but just the flowers themselves. Do catbirds normally eat flowers? I can't find anywhere that they would be part of their diet.
The other day a catbird was eating my begonia flowers not the bugs off them.....the whole flower! I am in north central Florida.

Funny I came on to ask almost the same question. I live in central Florida and have a male and female Cardinals in my backyard that decided to tear all the flowers off of our honeysuckle the other day..

I was wondering the same thing. We feed the catbirds (grape jelly & raisins) I have a native habitat. I have noticed the catbirds eating blueberry blossoms off of the high bush blueberry shrubs. I keep telling them that they won’t get berries if they do that. I even think I saw a chickadee eat a couple of blossoms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back