• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Sweden (1 Viewer)

Eric EHBA

Hi folks!
Discovered this forum today, and I decided to join.
I'm a 25cy biology student from Uppsala (Sweden) and I've been birding since 1993.
I like most kinds of birding, but seawatching and raptorwatching may be my favourites.
Ringing/banding is something I like as well and I have spent around 10 months at Ottenby bird observatory during the years.
In april I'll go to Israel on vacation for a week, it will be 3-4 days at the International Birding & Research Center in Eilat.

Cheers

/E

Last edited:
Hi Eric & welcome from some one who is also a comparartively new member. I've made a few trips to your country over the past few years and enjoyed the landscape, wildlife and hospitality immensly.

cheers,

Keith

Hi Eric & welcome from some one who is also a comparartively new member. I've made a few trips to your country over the past few years and enjoyed the landscape, wildlife and hospitality immensly.

cheers,

Keith

Thanx, and hello!
Did you get the species you wanted? I guess it was some owls etc.

Hi Eric and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here, and hope you have a good time in Israel

D

Thanx, and hello!
Did you get the species you wanted? I guess it was some owls etc.

I travel to Sweden every year in connection with my work. However my hosts are amateur ornithologists so I usually get out to see quite a lot of birds but do not have particular species in mind. Highlight this year was probably seeing some Slavonian grebes in full mating plumage & watching ospreys hunting. No owls though. Interestingly when my Swedish contacts come here we usually get some good views of little owls and long eared owls and go out especially to look for them.

Best wishes,

Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back