• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grey Flycatcher? Arizona (1 Viewer)

Looks like one from the photos I’ve seen. But I would wait for further verification. It is a very nice photo.

Any more photos? This looks rather in between Hammond's and Dusky for me. The primary projection is right in that middle ground between the two but the tail seems a bit long for Hammond's to my eye. At first glance there appears to be the "big gap" between the 4th and 5th primary which is a good trait for Hammond's. However, when zoomed in it appears as if there is a another primary tip in there that is not as obvious and would make the wing formula better for Dusky. More photos would be very helpful.

Hello Avery,
Thanks for helping with the id. I tried looking for photos from other angles but couldn't find any. I should have got more pictures from other angles.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back