• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guatemala in January - los Tarrales and Biotopo del Quetzal (1 Viewer)

I am looking for a travel/birding companion for a short birding trip in Guatemala - starting at Los Tarrales, south of Lake Atitlan, on 10 January, and ending at the Biotopo del Quetzal on 19 January, when I return to Guatemala city to catch my flight home on the 20th. I'm probably fixing my schedule as follows: losTarrales Jan 10 - 13, Lanquin (likely at Vinas hotel) Jan 13 - 14or15, Coban (not yet researched) Jan 14or15 - 16, Biotopo del Quetzal (at the ranchito) Jan 16-19. I will likely be booking rooms with 2 singles and if so can accomodate a female roomy. I usually do longer trips, but I'm starting off with a family trip and am extending for the week to bird before heading home. I am quite focussed on birding when travelling so the Semuc Champey detour I plan out of Lanquin will challenge me (; . Looking for a quiet companion who is not really into the party scene. I am a relatively fit young at heart 59yo lady.

I am looking for a travel/birding companion for a short birding trip in Guatemala - starting at Los Tarrales, south of Lake Atitlan, on 10 January, and ending at the Biotopo del Quetzal on 19 January, when I return to Guatemala city to catch my flight home on the 20th. I'm probably fixing my schedule as follows: losTarrales Jan 10 - 13, Lanquin (likely at Vinas hotel) Jan 13 - 14or15, Coban (not yet researched) Jan 14or15 - 16, Biotopo del Quetzal (at the ranchito) Jan 16-19. I will likely be booking rooms with 2 singles and if so can accomodate a female roomy. I usually do longer trips, but I'm starting off with a family trip and am extending for the week to bird before heading home. I am quite focussed on birding when travelling so the Semuc Champey detour I plan out of Lanquin will challenge me (; . Looking for a quiet companion who is not really into the party scene. I am a relatively fit young at heart 59yo lady.
UPDATE: I've booked Xikanel birding for a day of birding from Coban, starting at the private Chajbaok reserve, followed by birding south of Coban and ending at (but not birding at) the Biotopo del Quetzal/Ranchitos, where I'm staying.

Hello Christine, are you still looking for a companion? I've had a last-minute opening emerge in my calendar that I would like to take advantage of. I travelled a few years ago around Coban & Semuc Champey with my family, but was not birding. I'd love to return to see what I can find with binocs. Your start date is now days away, but it looks like there are flights that would get me to G City from Toronto mid afternoon on the 10th, from which I would catch a bus to meet you. I am male, however -- I wonder how you would feel about that. I expect I could book separate rooms. Otherwise perhaps a good fit: quiet, not really into the party scene, a relatively fit young-at-heart 60yo. I also have passable Spanish.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back