• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello everybody my name is Susie and I live in Florida.I have a question. (1 Viewer)

Ravenmoon

United States
I have a pair of doves nesting on my carport.One of the eggs has hatched but the other one has not.I have not seen a parent dove since last night.I didn't stay up to watch for it but when I got up this morning a parent was not their.I heard them cooing but have not seen them.Will they come back and if not how long should I wait to rescue it.It would be upsetting to me if the baby died.I have been waiting anxiously for their arrival.Ive been looking out for them for about two hours and am starting to grow concern.

I hope so.Last year hurricane Ian got the two eggs before they hatched I was surprised they came back this year.I have stage 1cancer and these doves bring me hope.I haven't seen a parent there in the nest for the past few hours and the hatchling just hatched yesterday.However I do hear them cooing once in awhile🫤

I hope so.Last year hurricane Ian got the two eggs before they hatched I was surprised they came back this year.I have stage 1cancer and these doves bring me hope.I haven't seen a parent there in the nest for the past few hours and the hatchling just hatched yesterday.However I do hear them cooing once in awhile🫤
I hope you recover completely in the near future! Hopefully the parents are near and are just helping the older one try it's wings.

Hi Ravenmoon and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. That's great news that an adult has returned to care for the nestling. Thanks so much for letting us know.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Nice to hear Dad’s back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back