• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello everyone dartford warblers and lesser spotted woodpecker (2 Viewers)

coulclass

United Kingdom
Hi everyone Ave just joined and I’m looking for help already,well hello everyone,I’m a keen amateur photographer who is going to the new forest this april stopping at shore field country park,Milford on sea ,Lymington,in a perfect world I would love a photo of a dartford warbler and a lesser spotted woodpecker,I’m from Co Durham and don’t get either of these birds up here,any hot spots that would give me a chance of seeing these two would be greatly appreciated thank you Tommy

Hello Tommy

I`ve seen Dartford warblers at The Arne RSPB. Only place I`ve seen Lesser spotted woodpecker is Yarner wood on Dartmoor.

Welcome to the forum.
John.

Maybe worth a detour to Sherwood forest on the way to get LS Woodpecker? Not too far off the M1, also good chance to pick up Hawfinch

Can't recommend specific sights but the gorse heath to west of New Forest should be good for Dartford Warbler.

Hi Tommy and a warm welcome from me too. I saw Dartford Warbler at Arne, but it was a few years ago. Never seen LSW here yet, though I do have hopes LOL

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back