• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Bath in England (1 Viewer)

rebecca.day

Well, I'm hoping to be able to learn loads from everyone on this forum. My husband and I are still very novice birders. We became keen after our garden became something of a bird-fest once we got the right selection of bird-food placed on a regular basis. Then we got into visiting Lundy Island, off the North Coast of Devon. This is land-fall for migrating birds and a breeding ground for a wide variety of sea-birds as well, so it's something of a birders paradise. As yet we have so much to learn, and there are many relatively common birds which we still would not be able to identify in the field - especially waders. But we look forward to gaining in experience. It really helps that we live near to Chew Valley lake and the Somerset Levels and can access Slimbridge Wetland Centre relatively easily - great birding sites.

Have Fun

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Rebecca and welcome aboard, im new to Birdforum myself but in so little time ive already learnt alot myself. Remember no matter how experienced or inexperienced u are, thers always so much more 2 learn :)...Enjoy

Well, I'm hoping to be able to learn loads from everyone on this forum. My husband and I are still very novice birders. We became keen after our garden became something of a bird-fest once we got the right selection of bird-food placed on a regular basis. Then we got into visiting Lundy Island, off the North Coast of Devon. This is land-fall for migrating birds and a breeding ground for a wide variety of sea-birds as well, so it's something of a birders paradise. As yet we have so much to learn, and there are many relatively common birds which we still would not be able to identify in the field - especially waders. But we look forward to gaining in experience. It really helps that we live near to Chew Valley lake and the Somerset Levels and can access Slimbridge Wetland Centre relatively easily - great birding sites.

Have Fun

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca and hubby, welcome to BF - I'm sure you'll find it a great source of info and will enjoy sharing with the rest of us slightly obsessed birders!
I fyou go to Slimbridge make sure you pop over the bridge and go to Goldcliffe nr Newport - great for avocets this time of year. Cheers, Howard

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hello Rebecca;
I am new here too but a bit of a avid birder. Lucky you for the sites you have around you. Locally; I am sure you will come across raptors as well. Stay in touch. Do you suffer with the local squirrels concerning your bird feeders? I have real issues. Need some helpful advice

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back