• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Durham NC. USA (1 Viewer)

TopQ

Hello all
I am new to birding. I discovered the joy of birding after I bought a Master Birder Brandon scope (which was to be used as a finder scope for my 20" telescope).
Any way, I am finding out that some of my astronomy equipment can be used for birding so at least I wont have to spend any money in this new hobbie.
My current digiscope consist of a Sony DSC-F717 attached to the Master birder with a spectronics II eyepiece. So far it has worked really well and I am looking forward taking more pictures later this year.

Bruno

Bruno,
Welcome to Birdforum. As you have undoubtedly noted, there are many members here and the wealth of knowledge is staggering. I am sure that you will find lots of things birding on this site which will interest you and there is a current thread on the planet Mars in the area of other interests. Look forward to more posts from you. All the best.

Welcome, Bruno! This is a great forum and I hope you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing some of your digipix.

Have always wanted to see North Carolina -- hope you'll include some landscape shots as well!

Good morning Bruno and welcome, on behalf of all the Moderators and Admin here at BirdForum. I think you will really find just about any answer to any question you might have concerning the birding world. Actually any answer to any question :)

The only time I was in the Durham area was for Floyd. Wound up being worse there then at home. Never evacuating again.

I belong to a listserve which encompassses both the Carolinas and I have to tell you that the triangle area seems to get a fair share of wonderful sightings.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back