• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Germany (1 Viewer)

Michael Billerbeck

Germany
Hello to all, I am from Germany but I started actually to get interested in birds and birding while I was on vacation in Queensland, Australia.
But also in Germany, birding for me is a good hobby to calm down, relax and appreciate nature.
Mainly, I am capturing birds (and sometimes other animals) …on video as time allows, and I also started to share my videos of birds on YouTube.
Over the time I also learned a bit about birds - a lot of species, their habitats and behaviors which I learned to know over the time.
There were times where I filmed a bird and I was not absolutely sure what bird I actually captured on video.
So, this motivates me to get to learn more about these birds and species. So, I am interested to learn more about birds, and happy to share interesting what I learned to know about birds or just discuss about birds.

Hi there Michael and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Michael and a warm welcome from me too. Queensland is wonderful, isn't it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about and will maybe be able to see some of your pictures/videos in the Gallery too.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

@delia todd: Indeed, Queensland is really wonderful. I actually miss it.

Oh, and here are my current favorites:
  • Favorite Bird

The Silvereye:

• Favorite Calls

The call of the Peaceful Dove:

The call of the female Ringed Teal is the cutest one:
    The call of the female Ruddy Shelduck is currently the most surprising one to me.

• Favorite Bird Noise

The noise that Crested Pigeons do when they fly away:

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back