• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from the Serrania de Ronda (2 Viewers)

markgrubb said:
Welcome to birdform. I will have the good fortune to visit the Sierra de Grazalema for a couple of days at the end of April-your report really wets my appetite!!

Dear Mark, fortunate indeed. A great area, if you take a peek at my website you will find some decent site names to visit plus a checklist. Hope they are helpful. If you are interested, there is also checklists for all the flora, mammals, reptiles and butterflies. I was going to include moths, but there are so many I would require another website!!

As a fellow devotee of SW Spain I'm delighted to find that you've joined BF. Interesting to read your news too. Unfortunately I don't live out there, but do have a small pied de terre in Alcala de los Gazules over in the Alcornocales to which I flee as often as possible! John

Hello BW, from just down the road! Have visited your website many times and know some of the areas in the Sierra de las Nieves well. Good to see some snow on there this week. Look forwards to reading your contributions on the forum.

John Cantelo said:
As a fellow devotee of SW Spain I'm delighted to find that you've joined BF. Interesting to read your news too. Unfortunately I don't live out there, but do have a small pied de terre in Alcala de los Gazules over in the Alcornocales to which I flee as often as possible! John

Hello John, Thanks the welcome and good to learn you visit the area. Let me know if you find time to get the short distance to the serrania.

Trapicheman said:
Hello BW, from just down the road! Have visited your website many times and know some of the areas in the Sierra de las Nieves well. Good to see some snow on there this week. Look forwards to reading your contributions on the forum.

Hi Kevin, It really is quite satisfying to know the website is useful to people. You can imagine all the locals are dead pleased with the snow and rain. Plenty of Fieldfares at the moment up high in Sierra de las Nieves.

I always associate Black Wheatears with the road from Grazalema to Zahara... along with lots of screaming to keep my eyes on the road by my passengers!

Jane Turner said:
I always associate Black Wheatears with the road from Grazalema to Zahara... along with lots of screaming to keep my eyes on the road by my passengers!

I have the same problem with my clients, but the best approach is Zahara to Grazalema, passengers are then away from the road edge!! Great flower route too. I caught my largest Black Wheatear at the top of this pass, a male weighing 50gs normally they are around 35-38gs!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back