• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Wiesbaden! (1 Viewer)

skahde

Germany
My name ist Stefan, living in the Taunus-Hills north of Wiesbaden, Germany. I've studied Biology and worked in the field of cellbiology for several years before making the move over into IT-business. My main hobby is photography but as I'm living in a rural area, at the edge of a small town, I couldn't ignore the abundance of interesting birds living around my home and started birding in the meadows, fields and woods just behind my house. As Wetzlar isn't too far away, I also have a sweet-spot for Leitz/Leica optics which I currently own two, a Trinovid 10x50 BA and a Trinovid 8x20 BC. The tool I use most of the time is nevertheless Made in Japan: a Nikon Monarch HG 8x42.

Here is a little friend whom I met on one of my evening-walks who also wanted to say Hi...

mobile.4w1k6m.jpeg

Hi Stefan and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. A Black Redstart is a wonderful walking companion!!! And that's picture really does him justice. I hope we may be able to see some more of your pictures in the Gallery.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I so wish I had been a birder back when I lived in Germany in the 70s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back