• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello to all (1 Viewer)

Stuart Darbyshire

45th generation Northern
Hi all,

I've had a look at the forum a few times via links from other sites and have always been impressed how friendly and helpful people are on here so I thought it was high time I joined.

I'm from Lancashire in England and have recently moved back there after a 3 year stint in London where my wife is from. Lancashire is a great county to live, but a bit barren on the rare bird front compared with the coast on the other side of the Pennines. However, we do have some decent sites and good wintering numbers of waders and wildfowl and I love birding here.

I get out as much as possible on the weekends and nights were work & weather allow and enjoy the outdoors element of birding almost as much as the birds themselves.

Any way, looking forward to chatting with you all on the various forums.

Cheers,

Stuart :t:

Hi Stuart and a warm welcome to you from the entire staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello ;)

hello and welome ;)
Where about in Lancs are you?I am from Clitheroe myself(near Blackburn)
A grerat place in LAncs for birding is Leighton Moss, just outside CArnforth,ok i think that is more Cumbria but is on the border of the two,is still a great place lol

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I live in Preston Toby. I love Leighton Moss, I worked there full time for a year around 15 years a go and lived in the house attached to the shop - I think it is in Cumbria, but its very close to the border so it nearly counts ;)

My local site is Brockholes on the Ribble, which is only 5 minutes from my house and gets quite a bit of variety on it.

I go to brockholes when i can,it is nice but o prefer Leighton moss lol,went out with a girl from Carnforth,she hated the fact that i spent more time at Leighton Moss than at her house lol
I do most of my birdwatching along the River Ribble,you dont get the breeds you do at the reserves but get some nice birds

Hi Stuart and a warm welcome from me too

I've just come back from a long weekend, which was mostly spent at Leighton Moss. Some very good birds hanging about there just now - had great views of two juvenile Black Tern.

D

Hey Stuart

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

hey stuart...warm welcome from sunny Malta

Hope you enjoy it here and we learn from each other and have fun

cheers
skylark25

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back