• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (2 Viewers)

dollygirl

United Kingdom
I love birds and birdwatching. My love of birds started with a gift of a bird box for our new home here in Suffolk. Then the excitement of watching the blue tits as they flew to and from the bird house on our wall and the beautiful sight of the tiny birds fledging. I then discovered a nearby bird reserve and peregrine falcons and many more birds... Now I am always looking to the skies to see what I can see.... Only yesterday I saw ten buzzards flying high over the field next to my home. I can't say I have a favourite bird but I do have a soft spot for the tiny noisy wren which I noticed one day when I was sitting quietly in my summer house.. I was so surprised at the sound coming from such a tiny bird... My other lovely sight from my summer house was a sparrow hawk.. my garden was always full of sparrows at that time.

Hi dollygirl and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sadly all my House Sparrows have disappeared. For the first time in over 20 years I've none in the garden... and they took the Chaffinches with them.

A Sparrowhawk is a super garden bird to get. And I always think you need ear defenders when anywhere near a singing Wren LOL

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits. Wrens are fabulous singers, aren’t they!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back