• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help required please? (1 Viewer)

ADRIANS PHOTOGRAPHY

I have so far been unable to connect with any wheatear or ring ouzel and as I am a little restricted with travel I was wandering if there are any really good places to see either species within the next week.

I know no one can garrantee a sighting but any info would be great.

I would like as close as possible locations and please not an area for example Lutley Wedge or any other large area but a little more detail would be great

If you would rather p/m than put the location on the main forum I would be grateful

I have so far been unable to connect with any wheatear or ring ouzel and as I am a little restricted with travel I was wandering if there are any really good places to see either species within the next week.

I would like as close as possible locations and please not an area for example Lutley Wedge or any other large area but a little more detail would be great

If you would rather p/m than put the location on the main forum I would be grateful
I would say just keep checking Birdforums, RBA or Birdguides and then get to the site as quickly as possible.
Geoff

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=161736&page=7
scroll down to the relative comments....
I will be dropping in sometime in the morning if it aint raining.

If you park by the metal gate and look over the hedge on other side of road (to the east) you can see the well defined hedge in my pic...it's a good 90 degree one and running away up the hill.The Ouzels were there yesterday.When I found them on Saturday I waited and hour for them to come out of the cover...maybe in or under the hedge.
There ar eWheatear reported around teh Bittell Resa area- just down the road from Ouzels place.But they are a bit harder to place.Not seen them yet.....think they were in the ploughed fields by Lower Bittell (I think fresh ploughed is best) and also on what they call the North Fields area-not sure where that is myself as I am not in the twitching clique as I only show up as an enthusiastic watcher....
The Ouzels will require a scope for a detailed view.
Keith :t:

Had 6 Wheatears ystda on the West Hagley Fields at the junction with County Lane but very mobile and have probably moved on?

You cannot rely on either species to be where they were reported for more than a couple of hours you would be better off visiting suitable habitat for both species, higher ground would probably be slightly more productive, in suitable weather and have the satisfaction of finding your own (unreported) birds.......Best of luck:t:

Laurie:t:

I got very good views of the Ring Ouzel this morning at Clayhanger Marsh, near Brownhills, showing in it's favourite area I am told, around 100 metres or so beyond the tin bridge, on the left hand side just beyond a small
marshy pool.

If you are not familiar with the site, Chaz Mason's blog is an excellent source of information ... just google clayhangermarsh blog. Not sure exactly where you live or how you get about, but I parked near Mountain Ash Close which is about 250 metres away from that bridge over the little brook.

Hope this helps ... and good luck if you go !

Cheers

Andy R.

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 75
Ring Ouzel

The Walton Hill / Clent area was always a good bet on spring passage.

The best 2 locations are:-
Large field at top of St Kenelm's Pass opposite junction of Walton Hill Road.
The steep fields to south and east of Walton Hill Farm which is on south slope of Walton Hill.

I would say either Clent or around Bittell would be my choice if yoom a Brummie - the pull for Bittell would be the other bits and bobs that you could pick up....Let us know how you get on?

Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back