• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with a particular duck in grange over sands (Cumbria) today. (1 Viewer)

I’m having a few days up in the lakes and when I was out with the Mrs earlier we wandered through an ornamental park which has various species of (to me anyway) unusual and exotic ducks. Bar headed goose, Muscovy and this little fella or lady perched on a branch in the pond. Apologies for the blurriness but this was as far in as I could zoom with my iPhone.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpeg
    IMG_0610.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0611.jpeg
    IMG_0611.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0609.jpeg
    IMG_0609.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
They're fairly widely kept in waterfowl collections. There have been very rare instances of transatlantic vagrants, but if there are other exotic/fancy wildfowl in the ornamental park the greatest likellihood wouldn't be that it's a genuine wild vagrant ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back