• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from San Francisco (1 Viewer)

latinbirder

I ran across this forum when researching a birding trip to Southern Alabama. I'm trying to put together a last minute budget trip to the Mobile/Gulf Shores/Islands area and wondered if anyone can recommend a place to stay or has had any experience with birding pals in that area. Being from the Bay Area I've come to rely heavily on Craigslist for apts/jobs/sublets/vacation rentals etc. but pickings are slim on Craigslist for the Mobile area.

I'm also curious about how to say "birding" and "birder" in Spanish and would appreciate suggestions of links to birding forums in Spanish to practice my "birding Spanish" (which is basically non-existent) however, I hope it will flourish in the near future.

Saw a Harlequin duck today, which is quite uncommon for San Francisco. I It was a nice treat after being cooped up in the rain these past few days.

I look forward utilizing this forum!!

Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,
On behalf of the staff, a warm welcome to the Birdforum. Glad to have you join us. You might also want to post your question on birding in S. Alabama on the RFI subforum where it may get more views. As for brushing up on your birding Spanish, you might want to do a Google search. I know Mexico has Pronatura and Colombia has ProAves. Maybe some of our Latin American or Spanish members can give you some more guidance.

Hi Jennifer,
A warm welcome to you.
regards
Merlin

latinbirder said:
I ran across this forum when researching a birding trip to Southern Alabama. I'm trying to put together a last minute budget trip to the Mobile/Gulf Shores/Islands area and wondered if anyone can recommend a place to stay or has had any experience with birding pals in that area. Being from the Bay Area I've come to rely heavily on Craigslist for apts/jobs/sublets/vacation rentals etc. but pickings are slim on Craigslist for the Mobile area.

I'm also curious about how to say "birding" and "birder" in Spanish and would appreciate suggestions of links to birding forums in Spanish to practice my "birding Spanish" (which is basically non-existent) however, I hope it will flourish in the near future.

Saw a Harlequin duck today, which is quite uncommon for San Francisco. I It was a nice treat after being cooped up in the rain these past few days.

I look forward utilizing this forum!!

Jennifer

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back